We do a lot of talk around here about how to extend your laptop’s battery life. But what about those moments—like before you stash your computer away for a while—when you need to quickly drain all the juice from your laptop? Here’s how to do it.
Conserving your laptop’s battery is tough. Draining it out so you can store your laptop away is easy—and fun, as it turns out. Pop some popcorn and get going.
Ten things we can guide you to get your laptops battery over in a hurry before you finish your coffee in an hour:
- Turn your laptop on. But, unplug it from any power source.
- Nothing kills your battery life like a nice, bright screen. Head to your laptop’s settings and turn your screen’s brightness all the way up.
- Turn on your WiFi and open up an internet connection. Leave something that auto-refreshes open in a browser window, like sports scores. And if your computer is equipped with Bluetooth, turn that function on, too.
- Open up a few other applications to run in the background. Running several apps at once is sure to kill your battery quickly.
- If you have CCTV solution installed at home or business, watch the footage live or recorded – it helps the battery to drain faster.
- Plug in a few power-draining devices via USB. Grab your optical mouse, flash drive and that keyboard vacuum.
- Turn on the keyboard backlighting
- Turn on the GPS if turned off
- Use maps application – A good battery drainer.
- Last, insert a DVD into your laptop’s drive and hit play. Relax while you catch the flick. Your full strength laptop battery should be gone in less than an hour.
We will also be putting a write up on how to maximize your battery life tomorrow. Wait and watch this space more to come in upcoming days.